Welcome to the Newport Mansions
The Breakers, Marble House, The Elms and Green Animals Topiary Garden are OPEN DAILY.
Chateau-sur-Mer is open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
Opening is at 10 a.m. with last tour admission at 5 p.m. Houses & grounds close at 6 p.m.
Green Animals Topiary Garden opens 10 a.m. to sunset Fridays & Saturdays through September 4.
The Elms Servant Life Tour offered DAILY at 10:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Guide-led tour; advance ticket purchase recommended.
* No reservations required
* No other properties are open at this time
Due to Rhode Island's high transmission risk level, indoor face coverings for both vaccinated and un-vaccinated visitors and staff will be mandatory beginning Tuesday, August 10. This includes all Preservation Society properties.
The "Plan A Visit" tab of our website includes all the information you need to get ready for your Newport Mansions experience. Here are a few essentials to know:
• We are not doing reservations or timed admissions. The tickets can be used any day and time the houses are open, and they do not expire.
• Tours at The Breakers, Marble House & The Elms are self-guided using our free audio tour app. Save time and download the Newport Mansions app on your smart device prior to your Newport Mansions visit! And bring your earbuds!
• At The Breakers and Marble House, we now offer both a regular audio tour and a CHILDREN'S audio tour that can be downloaded onto your smart device.
• Go to your app store, and search for "Newport Mansions" identified with the green pineapple icon. Download the app and tour of your choice before you arrive.
Apple: App Store
Android: Google Play
• Chateau-sur-Mer is a self-guided tour using a printed tour script available at the entrance. An audio Landscape Tour of Chateau-sur-Mer is available through the Newport Mansions app.
• The Elms Servant Life Tour is a guide-led tour.
• Self-serve food and drinks are available in the Garden Café inside The Breakers Welcome Center.
• Visitors are allowed to take photos (no flash, please) for personal use. Feel free to post your photos on social media. However, the use of drones on our properties is prohibited.
• The Breakers and Marble House are partially accessible for mobility devices and have working elevators. The Elms & Chateau-sur-Mer are NOT accessible.
• Strollers are not allowed in our houses.
• Licensed service dogs only. Pets, emotional support and therapy animals are not allowed on the property.
See the OPERATING SCHEDULE for information on which houses are open.
See the COMMON QUESTIONS for general information.
Invest your vacation dollars in historic preservation by becoming a member of the Preservation Society. Membership provides an annual pass good for unlimited admission to all of the Society's properties, and many other benefits including discounts in the Newport Mansions Stores.