ANNUAL GIVING ASSOCIATE
The Preservation Society of Newport County seeks a full-time experienced fundraising professional to manage its $1M Annual Fund program. The incumbent will develop and implement a targeted and integrated solicitation program through mail, social media, and email channels; an Annual Fund stewardship program including cultivation/stewardship events; and a staff giving program.
• Conceptualize, develop, implement and analyze comprehensive and integrated solicitation strategies to secure donations through direct mail, online/digital giving, and engagement campaigns.
• Write compelling donor appeals (letters and emails), gift acknowledgement letters, and customized thank you notes.
• Organize and process all Annual Fund solicitation mailings (customized in-house mailings as well as mail house processed mailings) and email campaigns.
• Develop and implement an Annual Fund social media plan.
• Formulate and implement new strategies to grow, retain and steward donors toward the goal of building a solid base of future support.
• Produce and analyze donor and gift reports as well as research trends to assess Annual Giving program, identifying improvements as appropriate.
• Process Annual Fund gifts (mail and online) utilizing Raiser’s Edge donor database.
• Work with the Marketing department to revise Annual Fund website pages as necessary.
• Provide support to Development colleagues when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree, plus 2-4 years of professional fundraising experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required, with the ability to present information concisely and effectively.
• Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities to meet aggressive timelines and challenging deadlines.
• Knowledge of donor segmentation to improve fundraising effectiveness.
• Knowledge of using a donor database, data entry, data exports and data analysis.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge donor database preferred.
• Ability to set annual fundraising goals and efficiently direct resources to achieve them.
• Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to conceive, propose, execute, monitor, and evaluate short-and long-term strategic plans that support the activities of the program and contribute to the overall goals of the department.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership, take initiative, problem-solve, successfully collaborate, and prioritize.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills – must be able to interact appropriately and effectively with Board members, volunteers, department leaders, work colleagues, donors and prospects.
• Demonstrate strategic thinking, good judgment, maturity, personal integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience in organizing donor appreciation events.
• Familiarity with social media marketing and promotion.
• Competence with online and Windows software such as, or similar to, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database software required. Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software preferred.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples with contact information for professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 424 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI 02840.
Several positions are currently posted. Scroll down to view them all. To apply for a position, email a cover letter and resume with contact information for professional references, to email@example.com, or mail to Human Resources, 424 Bellevue Avenue, Newport RI 02840.
You may also download an employment application, fill it out and mail to the above address.
The Preservation Society of Newport County seeks a part –time candidate to work a flexible schedule up to 25 hrs/wk with the possibility of up to 40 hrs/wk in season. Some weekend days required. Occasional special events may require work outside of this time frame.
• Follow an established schedule to ensure that primary cleaning duties are completed in time for the property to open to the public.
• Daily operation of the alarm system and lights in preparation for site open and close to the public.
• Daily glass cleaning and removal of dust on floors, surfaces and furniture.
• Careful movement of furniture or other historic artifacts when directed and under the supervision of Site Supervisor.
• Periodic cleaning/buffing floors, may involve use of wax or other chemical compounds, as directed.
• Opening and closing of windows, as directed and replacement of light bulbs.
• Collect trash, vacuum as necessary, clean, and monitor and restock bathrooms.
• Sweep and removal of trash, leaves, and snow from interior and exterior walkways and entrances, may require use of blowing machine for leaf and /or snow removal.
• May be asked to check conditions of grounds of assigned property and set up and dismantle traffic ropes and signage.
• Perform other related duties as required or directed.
• High School Diploma or equivalent with previous housekeeping experience preferred.
• Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and establish priorities.
• Work from verbal and written instructions, able to read and comprehend simple instructions.
• Good communication skills and ability to maintain flexible behavior.
• Follow prescribed safety and health rules, regulations and practices.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Part-time/Seasonal)
The Preservation Society of Newport County is seeking a part-time candidate to work up to 34 hours per week, seasonally. Work schedule typically includes a mixture of weekdays and weekend days. Daily work times range between 8:00-4:00, depending on assignment and visitor attendance. Certain special events may require occasional evening or holiday scheduling. Warehouse Associates perform manual duties related to the receipt and shipment of merchandise. Basic work entails the receiving, storage and distribution of PSNC property, including merchandise as well as general supplies.
• Accurately receive tag and process merchandise shipments to store locations. Each item is counted and the count verified against shipping document inspected for quality and priced in appropriate location.
• Assist in loading of merchandise on to delivery van daily. May assist driver with deliveries on days when there are large or heavy deliveries to the stores.
• Assists shipping and receiving (as needed) unloading trucks.
• Assembles requested orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocates orders to a holding area or shipping department.
• Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method; ie. Bar codes
• Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
• Assists in counting of physical inventory.
• Counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• Warehouse-related experience preferred, but not required.
• Ability to make sensible and rational decisions under potentially stressful conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects.
• The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.