Photography Internship - The Preservation Society of Newport County
The Preservation Society of Newport County is seeking a part-time Photography Intern. The unpaid internship is for 10-15 hours per week, for 12 weeks. Schedule is arranged with Creative Services Manager, Monday through Friday, between 9 am and 5 pm. Weekend shooting schedule can be arranged based on intern’s availability.
The Preservation Society is internationally known for its collection of 10 historic house museums, representing three centuries of American decorative arts and architecture and welcomes more than one million visits annually. We are seeking a dependable, self-motivated and creative intern with a strong interest in photography and digital asset management. Open to undergraduate and graduate students, the internship is an exciting opportunity for an emerging photographer to learn all aspects of commercial photography while gaining hands-on photo experience.
Photography intern will work alongside Creative Services Manager. Duties include planning thematic photo shoots, photography, editing, cataloguing and digital management. Field trips to outside photographers, designers and printers included. Intern will build a comprehensive portfolio of architecture, art, event & lifestyle shots.
• Create and schedule thematic photo shoots.
• Capture product and lifestyle shots on location.
• Edit and retouch images to be used across media channels.
• Organize digital assets and editing library.
• Create contact sheets, prepare and catalog footage to ensure the best photos are readily accessible & searchable for the team.
• Undergraduate or graduate enrollment
• Knowledge of digital photography equipment and basic photo editing skills.
• Ability to initiate and work independently.
• Ability to interact professionally with our staff and visitors.
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Lightroom and Bridge
• Ability to prioritize and maintain organization in a changing environment.